The ultimate season highlight for free riders and backcountry fans: the Women’s K2 Freeride and BackSide Adventure week held in the off-piste paradise of La Grave in France.
K2 Women’s Movement Week 2013
The ultimate season highlight for free riders and backcountry fans: the Women’s K2 Freeride and Backside Adventure week held in the off-piste paradise of La Grave in France. The Women’s K2 Freeride & BackSide Adventure week is a ski mountaineering and alpine awareness week designed to unite like-minded women. If you are keen to develop skills related to big-mountain skiing, clock up plenty of turns, daily ski tours and have fun in the process this programme may well be suited to you! The week is geared towards women interested in developing greater independence and decision making skills for venturing safely into the back country.
The programme: You will receive coaching and guiding by the experts of the Skiers Lodge La Grave. The highlights of the “adventure of La Grave” include the endless powder runs with legendary descents from the Girose glacier, with direct lines of 2300m explain why so many riders come back year after year to enjoy free-riding with one of the most spectacular mountain scenery in the Alps.
If conditions are not ideal skiing in La Grave due to strong wind on higher altitude or high avalanche risk, we use our mini buses to visit any one of the ten neighboring resorts with their own micro climates. Within a 25 minutes drive to a hour we cover the ski resorts, Alp d Huez, Vaujany to the west or drive over the Col du Lautaret to the east to reach the resorts at Serre Chevalier, Montgenevre and Sestrierre in Italy. Your guide from Skiers Lodge will stay with the group for the entire ski week. He will organize the best optimal area to ski and where.
Skis by K2 BackSide Adventure (SIDEKICK, BRIGHTSIDE, GOTBACK, TALKBACK, SHE’SBACK ) with pre-cut skins tip- tail holes and a skin clip arc to make attaching the skins super easy. All our backcoutry skis are mounted with Marker Tour F10 or F12 bindings.
Our K2 Women’s Alliance ski guides will assist you with valuable tips and technical support. Last but not least, particular attention will be given to safety: apart from learning how to ski and travel safely in the mountains, our safety course includes instruction on how to use avalanche search equipment and practical training in avalanche rescue.
The camp is suitable for: Experienced and sporty snow sports enthusiasts (skiing and telemarking ).
You don’t need to be a professional freerider to take part, however. Thanks to small groups, carefully graded according to ability and our individual coaching, both advanced off-piste and experts will get their money’s worth!
- The package includes: 6 days guiding (Sun-Fri) by experienced certified freeride guide. Max. 5 participants per guide.
- K2 Women’s Alliance Team Rider will assist you with valuable tips and technical support.
- Free testing of the latest K2 women’s Freeride collection.
- Freeride & BackSide Adventure (Avalanche course, basic ski mountaineeringtechniques and safe mountain travel, off-piste technique.
- K2 BackSide Adventure. All our backcountry skis are mounted with Marker Tour F10 or F12 bindings with pre-cut skins
- Use of avalanche transceivers, harness, shovel, helmet – all safety equipment included.
- Accommodation (twin bed room) in the Skiers Lodge La Grave, including breakfast, lunch box and 4-course dinner in the evenings (the Skiers Lodge is perfectly positioned within only 3 minutes walk to the lift) !
- Local minibus transportation
- Welcome package
- Lift passes.
- Lift passes.
- Transfers from/to Grenoble.
- Single occupancy (addition 20 euros per night)